Hobbies & Interests
Japanese Cultural Experience in Singapore
Jan 18, 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
You can enjoy a piece of Japan in Singapore. Through the different Japanese cultural activities and food, you will experience and understand the Japanese culture in Singapore in this tour. This tour may also bring back your fond memories when you travelled to Japan!
- Visit the largest Japanese cemetery in Southeast Asia to understand the Japanese cultural heritage in Singapore and leave with a memorable picture at popular spots and flora archways.
- Experience the vibrancy of Japanese traditional arts through Taiko (Japanese drumming).
- Satisfy your love for ‘Japanese’ foods and goods at a two-storey Japanese supermarket: Meidi-Ya flagship store, a one-stop spot for shopping and dining all things Japanese.
- Indulge in a little piece of Kyoto in the Maccha House
0900am: Meet up with tour guide @ Hougang Mrt
0930am: Visit the Japanese Cemetery Park.
With its quaint Japanese architecture and beautiful floral archways, this peaceful park will whisk you to Japan with its zen-like and well-manicured surrounding.
The park is also full of history and memories of a bygone time which will be an eye-opening trip for the whole family!
1050am: Japanese traditional art & culture - Taiko experience workshop
An opportunity to be exposed to Japanese culture through the Taiko session at HIBIKIYA studio. Enjoy and immerse your senses in these Japanese traditional musical instruments. Feel and groove to the beat!
1200pm: Shopping @ a two-storey Japanese supermarket: Meidi-Ya (Millenia Walk)
From a wide range of liquors to casual alfresco dining offering both hot meals and options from the Gokoku bakery and fresh ready-to-eat range, this is the one-stop spot for shopping and dining all things Japanese.
1300pm: Lunch @ Maccha House (Suntec)
1400pm: End of the tour, dismissal at the Maccha house restaurant. You may enjoy a free and leisurely afternoon shopping time in the Suntec mall.
- English-/Mandarin-speaking tour guide.
- One bottle of mineral water for each participant
- 3 Ways transportation services as per itinerary
- An one-hour Taiko session at a local activity studio
- Japanese set lunch @ Maccha house or Monster Curry restaurant.
Terms & conditions:
- Min 8pax to operate the tour. In cases where the chosen date has insufficient number of people, we will contact you to make the adjustment of date to join other tourists together.
- Each group size 8pax ~ 25pax
- Prices shown are inclusive of GST.
Friends of RX