Hobbies & Interests
Eye Care & Spectacles DIY Workshop - October
Oct 30, 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
What You Will Experience
Join us this October as our eyecare partner, Vision Ease Eyewear opens their lens manufacturing factory, allowing you to experience the whole process on how to make the lens and spectacles for the eyewear retailers in Singapore!
You would also gain insights into optical trade terminology such as hi-index lenses, computer lenses, blue light etc.
The experiential workshop will cover:
- Selection of the lenses
- Learning about the various functions of the lenses
- Checking the lens power and optical centre
- Programming in PD and scanning of eye shape
- Glazing of the optical lenses
- Touch up of the lenses before fitting
- Fitting of lenses to the frame
- Quality control check on the workmanship
- Cleaning of the frame and lenses
In this experiential session, you would also have all the common questions answered:
- How to take care of spectacles
- How should spectacles fit
does wearing spectacles improve eyesight and many more...
Also, enjoy a free eye examination on us!
*Suitable for participants 5 years old and above!
Friends of RX